We can fit your tray for you,
Ride in ride out service £40 in our workshop. ( DN21 )
Fitting time 1Hr.
Fitting of a new numberplate at the same time will make this look better as you may need to re drill your original plate again.
- Remove the front seat 2x bolts (lift the rear corners of seat)
- Remove the rear seat using the key.
- Remove the tail unit front fixing bolts.
- Remove the Philips screw holding the tail unit ( under rear seat )
- Remove the 8 pop studs from undertray, (just push in the middle)
- Remove the 2x Philipes screws ( above rear indicaotrs )
- The fairing can now be removed.
OFFER UP THE NEW UNDERTRAY TO THE ORIGINAL BODYWORK
8. Fix the undertray in to the fairing using the nuts and bolts provided.
Fit the nuts LOOSE first then when all bolts are in place do then all up.
9. Using a hot glue gun, carefully glue the nuts to the fairing mounting tabs,
be careful not to get glue on the bolt threads. so you can remove the bolts later.
10. When the glue dries you can remove the bolts. ( 30 seconds later )
All bolts fitted.
Bolts with nuts on.
Time to glue the nuts in place.
Get all the edges of the nus so it cant spin later.
Also Glue the Indicaotrs in place. ( dont need the Nut just glue )
MAKE SURE YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THE FIT BEFORE YOU START CUTTING
11. Unplug the rear light and indicators
12. Remove the rear tail light and its fixing bracket, 2x pop studs on frame
12. Remove the light from the housing (3x Philips screws)
13. Cut the light bracket down as per photo and re mount it on to bike frame using original pop studs.
WE NEED TO KEEP THE MIDDLE FIXING FOR LATER
Refitted fairing supprt.
CUTTING & FITTING
We use a Dremel then a sharp blade for this part.
13. Cover rear wheel, chain and exhaust with blanket as this will get messey.
14. Cut the standard undertray down both sides so the original faring fixings are gone then cut
across the rear of the tool box as per photos. Keep the rear toolbox fixings in place.
Keep as close to the edges as possible.
THE MORE YOU CUTT OFF THE BETTER THE FIT
CUT ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE FRONT.
THE REAR EDGE OF THE TOL BOX WILL PUSH DONW ON THE TRAY< SO CUT THE EDGS AWAY
Cut along inside edge of toolbox, may need to trim undeside fins as well.
15. Now offer up new undertay and hold in place with bags of packaging, packing bags in above wheel will hold tray in place.
MAKE SURE THE REAR FOOT PEG MOUNTING BOLTS ARE NOT IN THE WAY, THE TRAY WILL SIT ABOVE THESE BOLTS.
16. Replace outer bodywork and fix to new undertray using supplied bolts.( not to tight at first as you will crack the glue )
FIT ALL 8 BOLTS LOOSE FIRST THEN DO THEM UP.
IF THE TRAY IS A TIGHT FIT YOU MAY NEED TO TRIM OFF MORE OF THE ORIGINAL TRAY, AS THIS WILL BE PUSING
DOWN ON THE NEW UNDERTRAY.
17. Mount number plate.
18. Connect all wires and test.
BIKE LOOM > USE < TAIL LIGHTS
- Black > Earth < Black/White
- Yellow > Brake < RED
- Blue/Red > Tail < Black
Indicator wires on bike.
- Black ( twin fixing ) = Earth
- Brown = LEFT
- Green = RIGHT
19. Re fit forward fixings, bolt under rear seat and then both seats.
We hope these instructions help.
If you have any other tips that would help with fixng please let us know.